Leidos is dedicated to making the world a safer place. This starts with helping our customers in the Defense Industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores; our dedicated Defense Group employees are solving critical challenges across the globe. The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division at Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Director to work at our Manassas, Virginia location. This position provides the opportunity to integrate industry best practices in the stand-up and streamlining of our Aviation Logistics Support infrastructure.
This position will serve as the primary interface to all programs in the operation with regard to logistics support while reducing risk related to supply support and logistics systems using industry recognized standards such as ISO 9001 and IS-BAO. In this role you will provide the daily direction and oversight of all supply chain functions within a central distribution center applying consensus standards and commercial best practices. Functional responsibilities include inventory control; demand planning; sparing and forecasting; repairables management; packaging, handling, storage and transportation (PHS&T) including import/export; and Government Furnished Property management and reporting. You will be required to develop, implement and train personnel in the application of standard operating procedures based on the tenets of Federal Acquisition Regulation 52.245-1. This position will define, monitor, report and sustain performance criteria for logistics support to all programs in each division of the operation. This position may involve the application of professional scientific approaches and strategies analyzing and solving a wide variety of management, operational and modeling and simulation problems. Work may include the application of mathematical, statistical, economic and operations research methods and techniques to identify and analyze alternative solutions to problems. Create, implement and refresh the strategic logistics plan and implement appropriate programs to address evolving requirements or issues.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with division sectors, functional groups and external supply chain partners.
- Review external tendencies and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Align department plans to the division strategic plan to create structure, responsibility and accountability.
- Oversee routine, disciplined operational reviews that flow through the organization promoting necessary escalation of issues for resolution and sustained performance.
- Achieve all division and department goals for People (safety, engagement, performance), Customer Service (CPARs), Business Process (order fill rate, forecast accuracy, obsolescence and excess (E&O) management)), Financial (material cost per flight hour (MCPFH)) and other metrics.
- Promote and develop integration between planning, logistics and other operations areas and optimize performance in schedule attainment, adherence and on time delivery.
- Ensure staffing levels, automation and outsourcing are timely, cost effective, operationally effective and support customer requirements.
- Ensure distribution warehouse is sized, designed and staffed properly in line with future growth for volume, handling, storage, shipping and value-added service.
- Ensure appropriate process controls and documentation align with division expectations and customer requirements.
- Perform all company business in accordance with regulations, company policies and procedures and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards with both internal and external business contacts in order to maintain Leidos’ excellent reputation within the business community.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of eight (8) years of progressive logistics experience required; or additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Four (4) years of experience supervising or leading teams.
- Five (5) years of experience managing aviation supply chain operations within a commercial warehouse environment.
Proven ability to lead and manage aviation-centric supply chain operations within timeline and budgetary constraints across functional areas.
Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) guidelines to managing Government property.
Broad knowledge of P&L, Balance Sheet, ROI.
Must demonstrate understanding of the various methodologies of inventory management (FIFO, LIFO, FEFO) and the cost drivers to managing inventory service levels.
Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS clearance.
- Ten (10) years logistics management experience within the aviation industry preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.