The Defense group within Leidos is seeking a Senior Instructional Design Specialist for a position in Chesapeake, VA. The primary function of this position is to support the development of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 ASW training for US Navy ships and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5).
You will utilize video, image, and Flash editing equipment and software to create Instructional Media Packages (IMP) to support AN/SQQ89A(V)15 Training. You will coordinate the collection of those media products to be imbedded into classroom training as well as the virtual learning platform, MOODLE. In this role, you will act as the Subject Matter Expert in analyzing and evaluating UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
- Requires BS and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide initiative, determine how to effectively move projects through to completion, and then to successfully complete those projects.
- Communication skills in visual, oral and written form to explain instructional options, recommendations and rationale to decision-makers and Subject Matter Experts.
- The applicant must have formal instructional design and technical training education in order to qualify for this position.
- This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
- Travel will be required as part of this position.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- AIM (Authoring Instructional Materials)
- Adobe Professional Suite
- Microsoft Professional Suite
- MOODLE (Modular Object-Oriented Learning Environment)
- Technical Editing and Presentation Formatting
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.