The Technical Writer will support a DHS customer in writing and editing technical documents and white papers to be delivered to the government in response to published product, system or solution problems or requirements.
- Draft, expand, refine and edit technical concepts or solutions into an easy to read, comprehensive, compliant and compelling documents.
- Create compelling White Papers and other documents.
- Interact with technical team members for content development.
- Become familiar and comply with government style guides
- Researches highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiple sources and expresses technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers.
- BA/BS degree in a technical field or in English/Journalism with the ability to efficiently write technical documents, and 2 or more years experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.