The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division in the Defense Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Warehouse Manager in Bridgewater, VA. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aerial platforms providing primary aircraft GFE support, ground systems processing, and mission equipment payloads.
- Plan, prepare, and manage short and long-range warehousing objectives prioritizing daily activities to support all warehousing operations for the Division.
- Manage all material receipt, issuance, and storage within the warehouse facility during normal business hours (roughly 0800-1700) to maintain inventory integrity and issue parts to members of the technical staff for integration of Division’s airborne assets.
- Train technical and logistics staff on warehousing practices, and logistics actions required to document material movements into and out of the warehouse.
- Update inventory management tool with equipment movements in real-time.
- Provide updates to the Local Logistics Manager and Director of Logistics daily or as requested.
- Conduct periodic spot-checks/self-audits of warehouse inventory to monitor quality of warehouse inventory data.
- Plan and manage the day-to-day and future operations of the warehouse section and recommend appropriate changes in the annual operating program to the Local Logistics Manager and Director of Logistics.
- Manage sorting and placing of material in defined storage locations using identifying information counts, and sorting incoming material to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoice.
- Sort equipment by program to avoid commingling of different customers’ assets.
- Manage and plan the storage of articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves/racks, according to identifying information, such as style, size or type of material.
- Maintain traceability of material from procurement until issuance.
- Receive, store, and issue Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Contractor Acquired Property (CAP) during Aircraft builds or on-going sustainment activities.
- Coordinate with LNO and Shipping/Receiving team for scheduling and tracking of equipment from the warehouse to various customer locations and/or repair locations and throughout each location during equipment lifecycle.
- High school diploma with five (5) years experience managing a warehouse requiring receipt, storage, material handling, inventory control, and parts distribution.
- Five (5) years experience in order processing, parts research, receipt storage or issuance of materials from a centralized stockroom or warehouse.
- Knowledge of logistics systems, methods and facilities management procedures.
- Ability to lead warehouse operation by managing a wide range of warehousing activities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, including (but not limited to) Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Military logistics/warehousing experience.
- Forklift and HAZMAT certifications.
- Prior experience and demonstrated proficiency with automated product lifecycle management systems used for asset tracking/maintenance tracking database software.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in implementation of industry best practices for logistics/inventory management and compliance with contract/government requirements.
- BA/BS degree and experience with federal government property management record keeping.
- Excellent decision making ability and sound judgment with strong attention to detail.
- Works independently to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results or project deliverables.
- Ability to review the work of lower level professionals and provide coaching to ensure logistics policies and processes are implemented and understood.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Material Control
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.