Performs a variety of activities which contributes the successful delivery of outcomes of the Service Operations Team. Requiring familiarity of the field of IT Service Management and expertise in the domain of ticket management and client engagement, which may include:
• Part of 24/7 shift team
• Interface effectively with the NGA Service Desk, Customer, ITEMS UFS teams, Analysts, Project Managers and other Service Providers
• Triage and if possible resolve incident and service requests coming from NGA Service Desk
• Route incidents and service requests to appropriate ITEMS UFS service queues
• Support request fulfillment management, event management, and incident management in coordination with the ESC. This includes coordination to create or modify ticket workflows within Remedy (future ITSM toolsets) to support UFS
• Manage ITEMS UFS incident, escaltions and request fulfilment queus to ensure SLA are met
• Raise, update and resolve specific UFS ticket types under direction from Operations Management
• Contribute to monitoring the various channels of NGA communications
• Identify and update Knowledge Base Articles as directed or required
• Identify and resolve assigned customer issues in a consultative manner
• Manage multiple work queues and assume responsibility for adhering to quality control practices
• Maintain and update required queue management governance registers
• Support Daily, weekly, monthly reporting on queue levels and ensuring work queues are maintained and controlled
• Source and analyse relevant subject matter documentation
• Participate in continuous service & quality improvement initiatives
• Identify and implement efficiencies to enhance service outcomes
• Contribute to business improvement initiatives
• Ensure adherence to processes by employees for IT Support
• Other duties as required.
• ITIL V3 Foundations Certificate desirable
• Knowledge of ITSM ticket systems (Remedy, ServiceNow and reporting functionality
• Experience in reporting on a variety of business processes and technologies used in service delivery
• Experience with flexible solution design for new and emergent reporting requirements
• High-level of experience using MS Office applications
Experience & Education:
• Requires Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
• Experience in lieu of degree.
• Coupled with your education and practical experience, you will demonstrate a ‘can-do’, pro-active, approach with the ability to understand the business, identify issues and develop relationships to achieve Leidos’ objectives.
• Some experience with relevant ITSM technologies and the NGA environment
• Some understanding of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management, Request Fulfilment, and Release and Deployment processes
• Demonstrated ability in following direction and working as part of a team of professionals, with particular experience working within Project lifecycles
• Demonstrated ability to consistently produce excellent results in a complex environment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate successfully with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience in adapting to new technologies rapidly.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written), technical and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work autonomously as well as contribute as a valued team member including:
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• An ability to manage the resolution of basic technical issues
• Strong initiative in developing and improving systems and procedures
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast pace environment
• Strong skills with relevant technologies and domains
• Demonstrated ability to follow direction, negotiate effectively, and communicate with excellence
• Proficient with MS Office applications.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.