Leidos has a current opening in Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) for a ‘Technical Systems Architect, Expert - UNIX-Solaris-Supercluster Administrator’ supporting the Veterans Affairs Solaris OS platforms (10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software within the Linux/Unix Management Service Line of the Veteran's Administration (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT). This is an advanced opportunity to use your extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments knowledge and skills to support the VA Infrastructure Operations (IO) and IOSS initiatives.
Technical Systems Architect, Expert will provide expert knowledge of Solaris OS platforms (10 and 11) and Oracle Hardware, with special emphasis on Supercluster hardware platforms, Exadata, Virtualization administration, Data Migrations and Oracle software. Expert working ability creating system management plans, implement plans against Industry Best Practices and will assure effective system management, operations, and maintenance of supercluster systems and/or interconnects.
The primary focus of the Technical Systems Architect, Expert, will be on production, and will be required to provide working knowledge of the following:
- Oracle QFSDP patching and SAN/virtual storage, NetApp and NFS technologies, and their interoperability.
- Working knowledge of ZFS Storage Appliances, Server Builds, Capacity
- Planning, Performance Tuning and Optimization, Device Hardening and applying
- vulnerability mitigation strategies, Device Monitoring technologies, (agents and
- software,) and Detailed functional ability with various scripting languages.
- Will be required to work independently and with teams of system admins, database
- admins, network engineers and project/program managers across multiple service lines;
- Will be required to prioritize work, identify high risk critical problems, provide detailed,
- courses of action, for issue resolution and communicate to all stakeholders, both
- verbally and in writing.
- Will be required to interpret, translate and create technical documentation, implementation plans, and system diagrams, into full production environments and high volume/high availability systems.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or information systems; with 10 years of experience. 20 years of work experience can be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- US Citizen with Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Minimum of 15+ years of related UNIX industry experience.
- M8 SuperCluster (administration, installation, migration and maintenance)
- 10+ years with Solaris
- experience do you have with Solaris 11 or 10
- Min of 3 years of Supercluster experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge in a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability Clustering systems/Environments.
- Federal Government experience.
- Solaris 10/11 Certification.
- Medium to Large Datacenter experience.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.