The Mission Solutions Operation is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager for a mission IT program within its Mission Engineering Division. The manager will oversee the engineering and development portion of a multi-year, fast paced, highly dynamic IT program for a special access customer. The manager will interface with multiple levels of contacts throughout the customer organization. The manager must provide the leadership and have the interpersonal communication skills necessary to lead, direct and manage multiple dynamic project teams.
This position can be either in Chantilly or McLean.
The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day oversight and management of all new engineering requirements to be worked on the program
- Cost, schedule, and performance responsibility for six program CLINs
- Oversight and responsibility for all of the engineers, project managers, and other personnel that work within the project teams
- Demonstrating exceptional project management skills to include risk mitigation strategies, financial management, and stakeholder analysis
- Serving as the primary focal point for the customer regarding new engineering requirements and the status, milestones, and resource commitments of each requirement
- Presenting weekly and monthly status to include financials, risk and mitigations, schedules, and other ad-hoc information requested by the customer
- Coordinating the development and implementation of budgetary briefings and ad-hoc reporting requests that are deliverable directly to the customer
- Driving process improvements and innovation within the project teams
- Focusing on retention of personnel and staffing with the optimal mix of engineering expertise
- Creating a diverse and inclusive environment for Leidos and team personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent and 8 years of experience
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- Minimum 4+ years in project/program management including leadership of teams within a dynamic development-focused organization
- Exceptional knowledge of project cost control techniques including project financial metrics used for budgeting, estimating, tracking, and forecasting
- Extensive experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project)
- Strong knowledge of industry standard and best practices related to project management
- Ability to lead and manage diverse workforce at multiple locations
- Strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish an effective working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers
- Ability to motivate employees and ensure engagement
- Masters of Science degree or equivalent professional experience and 6 years of experience
- Experience as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) or CLIN manager
- Prior managerial experience within an IT environment
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Experience/certification in Agile development (e.g. Scrum)
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with IT modernization/consolidation
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.