Reinvent yourself at Leidos! Uncover your potential by becoming a member of our team.
The Leidos Tactical Solutions Team in Littleton, Colorado is growing and looking for you, our new Software Engineer Intern performing cutting edge software development and systems integration. If you are looking for career development and growth opportunities, both technically and professionally and to have fun, all while supporting our nations heroes, there is no better spot for you! This team is growing rapidly and is looking for a highly motivated, fun-loving, techie to fill this key role!
This internship will be part-time during school year and full-time during summer or school breaks.
These are some of the cool things you will be doing:
- Software Engineering across the entire lifecycle including requirements, design, development and integration, testing, demonstration with the end-user/customer, and operational support.
- Growing your skillset through mentoring and training opportunities.
- Other assignments as determined by the lead engineer or Manager.
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Go-getter mentality, ability to wear multiple hats, learn quickly, team-player
- Currently enrolled in a undergraduate degree program. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related majors preferred.
- Object Oriented Software Development using Java
- Android Mobile Development experience
- Ability to attain Secret Security Clearance- US citizenship required
You will wow us even more if you have experience with any of the following:
- Familiarity with Agile development practices
- Tactical Assault Kit / Team Awareness Kit (TAK) Development & Integration
- Unity development experience
- Experience with modern web framework (e.g. Angular, React)
- Object Oriented Software Development using C++
- Prior military experience
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Technical
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.