The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is seeking Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems on a mission-critical program supporting the Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). PSPD supports the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and CBP critical missions, specifically screening and processing travelers at the ports of entry (POEs) into the United States.
In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems. You will exercise your judgment in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables of projects through all aspects of the software development lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing.
In this role, you will lead an Agile development team in order to successfully support all programs with the design, creation, maintenance, and testing of JAVA full stack web applications. As the Technical Lead, you will also provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentor ship. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented and a highly motivated self-starter with a demonstrated experience to successfully lead a development team.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery
Directly guide a team of 10+
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentor ship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality using software development best practices and automated testing Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Collaborate with customer system admins to resolve operational issues
- Collaborate with government customers on requirements development
- Provide feedback on development processes to drive continuous improvement
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and support ability and effectiveness analyzes
- Must be a self-starter, strong leader, and have the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Proficiency and knowledge of the following:
- AWS, CI/CD, Experience in Agile, UX/UI
- Knowledge of software design patterns.
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with DevOps frameworks
- Entity Framework or similar ORM.
- Continuous Integration, Configuration Management.
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) Management (Apache Active MQ or NIFI)
- Technical Writing.
- Past Intelligence Systems experience.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Some system administration experience
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- U.S. Citizen
- Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance, at minimum
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 8+ years or prior relevant experience.
- AWS, biometric, Microservices, User experience , containerization, CI/CD,
- Active CBP BI
- CBP experience is a plus
- Cloud certification is a plus.
- Experience in Mobile App Development, Microservices. biometric, containerization.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.