The Incident Manager is responsible for overseeing the 24/7 Tier 1 technicians who monitor and support the customer’s large geographically dispersed network and server infrastructure. The candidate will lead the team in Tier 1 troubleshooting and problem solving using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge bases, and deployed network and IT management tools. The Incident Manager will manage shift schedules to achieve optimal coverage, addresses personnel issues that may arise from time to time, and maintains team morale. As the Lead, the candidate ensures Tier 1 technicians are properly trained and remain proficient in techniques and systems as those evolve with time and technology. The Incident Manager will ensure incident and problem management follow proper escalation procedures and that customers/users receive timely reports on status and resolutions. The candidate will create and execute a robust Quality Assurance Program to continually improve customer service, incident response close rate, and ticket and documentation quality.
- Attend Daily Op Meeting and provide key performance metrics and items of note from the previous day on the Watch, as well as a summary of tickets that are classified as High priority
- Provide input, recommendations, and assistance to Program Manager and Government lead, regarding operations, tasking, risks, issues, and assignments.
- Provide feedback to team leadership to improve existing solutions and/or processes so they better meet the customer’s needs.
- Provide technical leadership of a team of 20+ Watch Administrators
- Develops solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge.
- BA/BS in IT, computer science, engineering or similar technology fields with 8+ years of experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Strong working knowledge of computer networks, servers, and operating systems
- Comprehensive understanding of virtual desktop infrastructure
- Comprehensive understanding of virtual hosting environments and on premise cloud systems.
- Flexible and creative at getting deliverables accomplished in demanding environments
- Experience in the creation of routine and ad hoc reports
- Logical, organized, detailed, oriented, and team-player
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Customer Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.