Leidos is seeking an ADPE Tech Associate for Kandahar, Afghanistan in support of Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces. The ADPE Tech Assoc is able to perform all tasks employing agency-specific or unique hardware and software in both classified and unclassified network environments and ensure those tasks are accomplished to ITIL-compliant standards.
- Monitor, report, and request bench stock item replacements in order to maintain sufficient stock levels.
- Trained and has experience in maintaining the system’s PLL IAW the bench stock model. The Technician can install Government-furnished communications software packages on the users’ PCs, and configure the PC and network to allow proper user access to the system.
- Maintain information system components and when a component fails, replace it with a PLL part and turn in the defective component to the DSST or Theater Logistics Support Facility (TLSF) Warehouse, which turns it in for repair.
- Ensures system stability through the use of DoD-approved, Government-furnished, anti-virus software in server systems and maintains current versions of the security products available from the Army Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Secret security clearance required.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent training and at least 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in providing the following skills and services: maintaining and providing repairs to hardware, including installing, uninstalling, and relocating system components and personal computers (PCs).
- Has experience with routers, exchange servers, hubs, and data switches, including routine, monthly preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS). The Technician has experience in maintaining accreditation records for all system components and PC systems operating on Government networks.
- Has experience in developing and submitting recommended bench stock levels for automation equipment.
Skill Set Certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.