Leidos is seeking an experienced senior level Program Manager who is well-versed in DoD contracts to manage acquisition, integration, installation, operations and maintenance support to U.S. Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT) operations. The senior PM will also be responsible for 300 plus full time employees in support of this contracts efforts.
The Senior PM will be based out of Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter, S.C., and USAFCENT leading and managing 300 technical and functional personnel in an engineering system development environment.
The Program Manager responsibilities include:
- Provides programmatic oversight of geographically dispersed employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas, implementing industry best practices to meet contract requirements.
- Establishes milestones and ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies and manages risks and program problems and develops mitigations/solutions.
- Presents formal and informal project status/plan briefings to the government and corporate managers through oral and written communications.
- Serve as contract representative and is responsible for managing all aspects of the program, including project planning, development and implementation according to cost, schedule, and technical (scope) requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, computer science, math, physics or related scientific discipline, Mathematics, or Management Information Systems from an accredited university.
- Masters of Science or Arts in Business Administration from an accredited university or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate plus two year additional general experience.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in supervising personnel, technology assessment, systems design, system analysis, managing multiple technical programs including budgetary responsibility, planning and estimating work loading requirements, acquisition planning, communicating and interfacing with government customers.
- Minimum of five (5) years of specialized technical experience in the operation, maintenance, engineering, or program management support of Military Communication Systems.
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and DoD procurement policies and procedures.
- Referral Bonus Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.