The Leidos ESA V program has an opening for a Senior Technical Writer supporting one of our Federal customers on-site in Washington DC. Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager/CRM, the Senior Technical Writer will lead or assist when needed for the design, creation and publication of technical documents including user manuals, installation guides, specifications, quick starts, white papers, and tutorials for a variety of products and services. The selected candidate will provide support to the Operations and Engineering teams with respect to Standard Operating Procedure updates and the creation of new procedures, and other documentation requirements required in support of the program and customer.
- Works with a variety of technical engineering teams to translate complex technical information into documents such as user manuals, installation guides, specifications, quick starts and tutorials for a variety of products and services
- Coordinates as needed with various interdepartmental teams
- Organizes assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Coordinates the display of related graphics and/or utilizes supplemental images, drawings, diagrams to illustrate material
- Maintains adherence to project schedules and target dates
- Follows established processes & procedures
- Continuously increases knowledge of products and services, including new organization initiatives and related new products
- Special projects as assigned
- Weekly status report to leadership
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of experience in document management and technical editing for a program or project of similar complexity. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer’s information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing and common authoring tools such as Adobe Acrobat and MS Office applications
- Broad technical interest and understanding of Senior level technical terminology
- Ability to quickly grasp technical concepts and translate them into clear, easy-to-understand content for a non-technical audience
- Ability to proactively communicate the status of information resources to a range of content stakeholders
- Strong general communication skills (interoffice, phone, email, meetings)
- Basic understanding of team processes and workflows is required
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism or Engineering
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.