Leidos is looking for a Project Engineer/Analyst to support a large IT infrastructure support contract for its customer location in Springfield, VA. The Project Engineer/Analyst role is a support position for the Project Managers (PM) team under the contract’s Service Strategy Team. The Project Engineer/Analyst will work primarily with the PM leadership team to help finalize cost estimates and to help develop, manage and maintain the team’s documents and reporting requirements. There will be opportunities to grow into and manage projects.
Responsibilities of the Project Engineer/Analyst include (but not limited to):
- Manage and maintain the documentation for the contract’s portfolio of 100+ emerging requirements, special projects and task orders.
- Convert draft cost estimates developed by the PM team into the final version for submission to the customer.
- Update files and folders in SharePoint and Excel once project approvals are received from the customer.
- Maintain records and metrics of the various data points associated with the emerging requirements and execution of projects for use in regularly scheduled briefings, meetings, boards and other ad hoc requests.
- Support the PM leadership team with development of monthly contract deliverables and invoice documentation. These documents capture actual services completed during the month and update forecasts for future months for all active projects.
- Use Excel to update the project estimating template and analyze/present metrics data.
- Reach out and coordinate with the PM team to gather information and updates regarding emerging requirements and projects.
- Attend weekly meetings with the PM team regarding the status of emerging requirements and active projects.
- Attend, provide data for various internal and external weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings. Attend other ad hoc meetings as needed.
- Work on continuous process improvements to include updates and changes to the team’s SharePoint site, how metrics are collected and presented.
- Experience supporting DoD/IC contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication and briefing skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several open requirements at once; be proactive.
- Advanced proficiency using MS Office software suite, especially Excel and SharePoint.
- Desired skills: Experience using MS Project.
- Project management knowledge/experience; PMP certification a plus.
- Experience using Service+. Experience supporting NGA.
Education & Experience:
- Requires a Bachelors Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in lieu of degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.