The Leidos Health Group is seeking Scientific Data Analysts, contingent upon contract award, in Atlanta, GA.
This work will fulfill the requirement for a self-motivated and detail-oriented scientific data analyst to provide effective and innovative data science solutions for the CDC COVID-19 pandemic response. To produce and review protocols for laboratory and epidemiological studies, study protocols, and other data collection methods. Develop statistical code for analyses to support programmatic activities, and to provide expertise in analyzing large datasets. This project requires strong data science, statistical, data management and SAS or R programming expertise. Ability to devise study protocols and create documentation for programs is a requirement.
This task requires
1) understanding and application of general statistical approaches including multivariate techniques (logistic regression, generalized linear models, proportional hazards modeling), and use of
2) strong SAS programming sampling methodologies
3) orderly management of microcomputer files in a Windows environment to develop databases and analysis programs for data analysis
4) statistical analysis of large, complex survey data requiring the use of SUDAAN
5) developing statistical reports and presenting data in Excel, particularly the ability to efficiently produce large complex Excel tables efficiently and reports from SAS in customized formats to fit the needs of periodic reports
6) using PROC REPORT and other report production features of SAS to produce excel files of COVID-19 estimates
7) importing, exporting, and manipulating data files (SAS, SUDAAN), including recoding, transforming, and creating variables to accommodate analytic needs
8) using web applications or PowerBI to create interactive online reports/dashboards and manage web content
9) preparing written reports and presenting at sectional or national meetings
10) performing other analytical and data related duties, as needed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Statistics, Biostatistics, or Math and 2 years of experience
desired: MS, MPH, MSPH.
Experience with statistical data analysis and use of data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, SUDAAN, R, REDCap, Microsoft Access, Excel, EpiInfo, STATA, PowerBI, etc.
Requires ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.