Leidos is seeking a Wireless C&E Technician in Kuwait to support Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces. The Communications and Electronics (C&E) Tech is qualified and experienced in testing, calibrating, and repairing complex electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical equipment, and material.
- O&M wireless systems to include classified and unclassified enclaves; provide touch labor, repair, remediation of physical and logical issues, initiating and conducting outage remediation and reporting, patching, monitoring, and all other tasks relating to O&M. Wireless technologies in facilities shall have a TEMPEST countermeasure review (TCR) completed by a Government Certified TEMPEST Technical Authority (CTTA) prior to acquiring wireless solutions. The contractor will originate a TEMPEST countermeasure review prior to deployment of wireless solutions which will be sent via SIPRNET through the government TEMPEST Control Officer to the Army CTTA for review/approval.
- O&M the Aruba ClearPass policy server, and the Aruba AirWave wireless intrusion detection system; be able to deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain a large-scale wireless LAN and remote network solution. Shall implement user policies, troubleshoot, and maintain the entire Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) infrastructure.
- The Contractor shall be certified as an Aruba Certified Clearpass Professional (ACCP). Shall provide recommendations for network architecture and optimization for wireless and mobility technology.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the maintenance, planning, assessment, and application of the wireless network architecture as assigned.
- Provide escalation support for wireless infrastructure, to include providing recommendations and identifying and tracking necessary corrective actions to ensure optimal wireless network performance.
- Assist with executing Proof of Concept, Proof of Technology, and Pilot activities in support of rationalizing technologies that provide value to the Government.
- Facilitate a migration path toward an Aruba wireless architecture.
- Assist with designing and deploying next generation wireless functionality with ClearPass Policy Manager Platform for authentication, bring your own device (BYOD) onboarding, and security roles in conjunction with controller firewall security enforcement.
- Provide O&M support of WLAN with protected network access management and AAA platforms.
- Shall possess an understanding of PKI for 802.1X authentication.
- Shall assist with ongoing operational support for secure wireless configurations for wireless mobile platforms.
- Shall serve as a technical resource for the Network Operations Team to provide solution to complex hardware and software issues.
- Shall assist and troubleshoot remote access solutions using Aruba secure remote access features. With prior approval from the COR,
- Shall provide training to Network Operations staff members.
- Shall maintain the ability to use tools such as wireless packet captures, AirMagnet WiFi Analyzer, AirMagnet spectrum analyzer, and AirWave Management System to aid in the troubleshooting process and problem resolution efforts.
- Shall comply with Army Best Business Practices (BBP) 09-EC-M-0010 Wireless Security Standards, Defense Information Security Agency (DISA) Wireless Security Guidance and National Security Agency (NSA) VLAN and wireless requirements.
- Secret security clearance required.
- High School education or equivalent and at least 4 years of related experience; and is experienced in performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks.
- Can evaluate and resolve calibrating and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience includes designing or improvising equipment, tools, and fixtures. With extensive knowledge of theory and principles, the Technician can test, calibrate, and repair complex electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and formulate calibration standards.
- Has set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Has disassembled instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspected components for defects. This effort includes measuring parts for conformity with specifications; using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments; and aligning, repairing, replacing, and balancing component parts and circuitry.
- Devised formulas to solve complex problems in measurements and calibrations, develops and executes plans for the performance of failure analysis and or materials analysis, and maintains complex databases for the control of work, calibration of equipment, and expendable material.
- Worked with engineers to design, develop, and evaluate new products and recommend product improvements or manufacturing modifications.
- Designed, developed, and coordinated building of experimental, prototype models, or test fixtures.
Skill Set Certification(s):
- Senior Certified Electronics Technician (CETsr).
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA).
- Certified Wireless Security Professional (CWSP).
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.