Leidos is seeking an Installation Public Address Systems C&E Technician at Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar to support Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces.
- Maintain the installation public address system used for force protection information to include the equipment and connections to the Cable Television (CATV) systems. Maintenance shall include all amplifiers, associated equipment, and cables.
- Maintain the GIANT VOICE public address systems identified in TE 1. Maintenance includes remote panels, cabling to and from central distribution nodes, amplifiers, and tower maintenance in accordance with paragraph C.22.214.171.124.
- Support GIANT VOICE equipment (amplifiers).
- Coordinate with local COR to conduct routine tests of the equipment. Tests shall ensure all control panels are functional and amplifiers are functioning properly.
- High School education or equivalent; and at least 4 years of related experience; and experienced in performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks.
- Qualified and experienced in testing, calibrating, and repairing complex electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical equipment, and material.
- Can evaluate and resolve calibrating and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience includes designing or improvising equipment, tools, and fixtures. With extensive knowledge of theory and principles, the Technician can test, calibrate, and repair complex electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and formulate calibration standards.
- Has set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Has disassembled instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspected components for defects. This effort includes measuring parts for conformity with specifications; using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments; and aligning, repairing, replacing, and balancing component parts and circuitry.
- Devised formulas to solve complex problems in measurements and calibrations, develops and executes plans for the performance of failure analysis and or materials analysis, and maintains complex databases for the control of work, calibration of equipment, and expendable material.
- Worked with engineers to design, develop, and evaluate new products and recommend product improvements or manufacturing modifications.
- Designed, developed, and coordinated building of experimental, prototype models, or test fixtures.
Skill Set Certification(s):
- Senior Certified Electronics Technician (CETsr)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.