Leidos is seeking a Maintenance Support Team (MST) C&E Technician in Kuwait to support Operation, Maintenance, and Defense of Army Communications (OMDAC), which supports the Army Operational Base Communications Information Systems and infrastructure in support of USCENTCOM forces. The Communications and Electronics (C&E) Technician is qualified and experienced in testing, calibrating, and repairing complex electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical equipment, and material.
- Supports the Maintenance Support Teams (MST) Concept of Operation which are geographically dispersed MSTs to provide routine, scheduled, emergency/HAZCON maintenance support on an area basis in accordance with AR 750-1, and as tasked by the COR.
- Perform sustainment level support maintenance and repair at the unit/site (as defined in AR 750-1) for equipment that is too bulky, complex, or otherwise not suitable for transporting to the TLSF facility for maintenance or repair.
- MSTs shall have TMDE and tools required to service the types of equipment supported. MSTs shall make maximum use of site PLL and shall carry sufficient repair parts to perform their mission. Repair parts shall be obtained and accounted for in accordance with AR 710 2, NETCOM Regulation 710-2, and DA Pam 710-2-1. MSTs shall exchange unserviceable items at the TLSF facilities fixed-shop.
- Maintain work order files at the PP&C in accordance with DA PAM 750-8 and SAMS-E procedures.
- Provide on-site TA visits to organizations identified in the PWS or as tasked by the COR. The TA shall be scheduled in conjunction with the required MST visits and shall include advice, over-the-shoulder training, and assistance. The TA shall encompass operation, site-level maintenance, supply advice, and assistance. Completed TA trip reports shall be provided to the COR.
- All TA required during other than scheduled MST visits shall be issued per special tasking.
- MW Radio System Alignments and Tests. Perform alignments using current TMs or original equipment manufacturers’ technical publications. Any questions concerning test procedures shall be brought to the attention of the COR.
- Perform tests identified in DCAC 310-70-57, Supplement 7 (Digital), at the interval identified for all supported sites for the radio equipment. The MSTs shall perform tests identified in the manufacturers’ manual and the DISN Test and Acceptance procedures at the interval identified for supported sites for the Alcatel radio equipment. Diagnostic testing shall be performed to characterize the radio system. The MST shall perform all tests and alignments requiring the use of a microwave link analyzer (MLA)/spectrum analyzer.
- Provide off site repair of those equipment items that cannot be repaired on-site. The Contractor shall coordinate with the COR in order to use established BPAs or individual repair contracts to obtain manufacturer support for items not repairable at the TLSF.
- Maintain repair parts stock using Government Sources of Supply (SOS). When Government SOS cannot respond within the required delivery date (RDD), the Contractor shall follow the procedures in PWS paragraph C.18.104.22.168.
- High School education or equivalent and at least 4 years of related experience; and is experienced in performing a wide variety of nonstandard complex tasks.
- Can evaluate and resolve calibrating and troubleshooting problems.
- Experience includes designing or improvising equipment, tools, and fixtures; with extensive knowledge of theory and principles,
- Can test, calibrate, and repair complex electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and formulate calibration standards.
- Has set up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Has disassembled instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspected components for defects. This effort includes measuring parts for conformity with specifications; using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments; and aligning, repairing, replacing, and balancing component parts and circuitry.
- Devised formulas to solve complex problems in measurements and calibrations, develops and executes plans for the performance of failure analysis and or materials analysis, and maintains complex databases for the control of work, calibration of equipment, and expendable material.
- Worked with engineers to design, develop, and evaluate new products and recommend product improvements or manufacturing modifications.
- Designed, developed, and coordinated building of experimental, prototype models, or test fixtures.
Skill Set Certification(s):
- Senior Certified Electronics Technician (CETsr)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Field Services
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.