Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Jr. ISP/OSP Specialist in New Orleans, LA to join our Team.
NGEN-R is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will:
- Operate tools and equipment (including all necessary protective equipment) required to install, repair, and maintain copper and fiber optic cabling, associated media, and related infrastructure. Experience with Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) standards.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 2 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret
- Experience with Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and Electronic Industries Alliance (EIA) standards.
Must possess appropriate Building Industry Consulting Services International (BICSI) certifications.
- BICSI Cabling Installer 1
- BICSI Cabling Installer 2, Copper, 1 Year
- BICSI Cabling Installer 2, Optical Fiber, 2 Years
- BICSI Cabling Technician, 3 Years
- Personal Protective Equipment
- ISP/OSP Tools and equipment