Leidos Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD in support of the End User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solution to our customer CMS where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless experience while using CMS systems, applications and solutions, provide proactive secure development of IT integrations, concepts, and designs across the CMS enterprise and integrate end-user computing devices, conference room technology, infrastructure hardware and software, and user applications into a streamlined and seamless experience across the CMS user base. We fosters a positive end-user experience while ensuring protection of the data.
The ideal candidate for the Section 508 Test Engineering role will use appropriate test tools and methodologies to execute 508 testing of software application and/or websites. The role requires strong knowledge of assistive technology (screen readers, voice dictation, magnification, etc.), the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, and testing and remediation best practices to ensure deployment of high quality and compliant software while utilizing an agile development process. The candidate will have superior written and oral communication skills in order to adequately handle ongoing, direct-customer engagement.
Under the direction of the Product Manager, and Test Engineering Lead, the candidate:
- Act as a Section 508 subject matter expert.
- Execute Section 508 testing using a combination of assistive technology and automated testing tools.
- Originate substantive compliance reports and review findings in meetings with application stakeholders.
- Provide ongoing remediation guidance and defect mitigation feedback to application stakeholders.
- Provide policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve compliance with the federal government's Section 508 requirements.
- Be the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ensure compliance, ease, efficiency, and effectiveness to use for specific audiences.
- Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of products.
- Identify, record, communicate and help manage specific 508 defects to resolution.
- Develop compliance checklists and plans.
- Develop and deliver training programs through briefings and reference guides to train internal teams in Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance implementation in support of client deliverables.
- As needed, attend scrum, Kanban and other agile ceremonies such as daily standups, retrospectives, backlog grooming, and others to discuss preparation, determination and findings relative to Section 508 compliance.
- Will support the preparation of test strategy, test data, test scripts and other release-related artifacts.
- Display technical competence and strong organizational skills while multitasking.
- Interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Use of automated/manual testing tools, including but not limited to: JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook & Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field with 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Experience supporting a broad range of technologies and application platforms such as Web-based applications and services, mobile technologies, client-server environments, distributed environments, and Cloud services.
- Create and execute 508 test scenarios and test procedures of new and existing applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in WCAG, Section 508, and ADA standards.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with applications such as JAWS, NVDA, Window Eyes, Voiceover, MAJIC, Dragon, the Accessibility Management Platform (AMP), CommonLook and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to recommend and develop new, innovative, and efficient process improvements to current testing processes and methodologies.
- Experience analyzing business requirements and user stories for correctness and testability.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.