Leidos is in search of a multi-talented Unreal Programmer to join our studio with an existing team of artists, programmers, and designers creating “Digital Twins” of aircraft interiors and exteriors for both VR and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. Telework is available; this role requires 10-20% travel to San Antonio. Our client is progressive, driving the future of training in the armed forces. This is a superb opportunity to leverage your proven engineering expertise in the Unreal Engine in a multi-billion dollar industry. Change the future and have an impact that saves lives.
As an Unreal Programmer, you will work alongside an engineering and digital art team creating first class and photorealistic environments for both PC and VR. This is a unique opportunity where your knowledge and expertise shines as a positive force, pushing the boundaries each day while also serving as an infinite treasure chest of up to date techniques, methods, and best practices pioneered by Epic Games and the Unreal Engine. Your team will respect you for your creativity, savvy, and positive energy, fueling your desire to create the industry’s best content, unhampered by middle-management. You will collaborate with a talented art team and the 25+ Year AAA Video Game Industry Studio Director to achieve first-class results. This is a where your fast-thinking, creative problem solving, flexibility, and enthusiasm to elevate yourself and your peers excels, while having fun doing so.
- Develop innovative VR and PC experiences, leveraging the Unreal engine’s strengths
- Work with a team of engineers to iterate on features ranging from technical, to visual, to artistic
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the final product’s development
- Serve as a voice of expertise willing to mentor, share, and evangelize your knowledge of the engine internally
- 3-5 years of direct experience with Unreal Engine on real world projects in either the video game industry, architecture, advertising, film, or simulations on shipped products with concrete examples of your work. **Please provide portfolio link embedded in your resume.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Master level of understanding of all aspects of C++, the Unreal Editor, Blueprint, Code, and Engine.
- Superb knowledge of VR and PC development
- Desire to both teach others and learn new techniques in the Unreal Engine.
- Motivated, self-directed, personable, superb verbal communication skills.
- Multiplayer and Architectural Visualization expertise a bonus
- Ability to obtain security clearance (requires US citizenship).
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.