Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Microsoft SQL SME. The Microsoft SQL SME will work with and support the other members of the project team with the installation of their servers and applications. The Microsoft SQL SME will be responsible for the creation of design documentation, implementation documentation, and knowledge base articles. The administrator will provide timely updates in status of all assigned tasks to the project manager and members of the leadership team. Candidate must have knowledge of implementing DISA STIG requirements for all listed versions of SQL server.
The position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization – USAFRICOM – located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. The position is required to travel and maintain residence OCONUS. You must hold an active Secret clearance to qualify and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI clearance.
In this role you will:
- Possess deep knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012 R2 thru SQL 2019 and experience to include installation, configuration, upgrades, and maintenance of Microsoft database technologies.
- Install, configure, and manage multiple SQL server environments with high availability and disaster recovery, to include Monitoring, Analysis, Reporting, and Data Warehouse Services and solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, write, and execute custom and third party SQL scripts.
- Execute, manage, and validate database server backups leveraging forward thinking concepts, processes, and technology that meet the organizations Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, System Center Operations Manager, System Center Service Manager, and McAfee products.
- Candidate shall be responsible for operational management and implementation of upgrades and enhancements of the database environment supporting Lync, SCCM, SCOM, Citrix, and SharePoint databases.
- Experience with the troubleshoot techniques and analysis with SQL Server service outages and performance issues as they occur in real time.
- Identify and automate regular/daily processes, track new and reoccurring issues, and document changes defined by the organizations configuration management processes.
- Candidate will be responsible for the lifecycle of SQL performing routine SQL patch updates, applicable service packs, and new major versions as they are released.
- Candidate must possess an understanding of Windows clustering technology to support various SQL clusters and SQL Always On Availability Groups. Position requires experience using SRSS to provide reporting capability to meet customer needs across multiple network enclaves.
- Provide support to IT systems including: day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client problems.
- Provide tier II and tier III level problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remain involved in the resolution process.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- BA or BS degree and 8-10 years experience. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold a current MCSA certification (or higher) – Server 2012 accepted. Server 2016 preferred.
- 3-5+ years of direct Microsoft SQL DBA experience
- Proficient in database technologies, securing databases, and applying best practices
- Strong understanding of server-client computing and relational databases
- Experience with supporting SQL Server for Microsoft SharePoint, and VDI environments
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional planning skills and ability to work within change management parameters
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Works well inside team environment, positive can do attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a team player mindset.
- Currently hold an adjudicated Secret Clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Ability to work individually as well as with small groups and larger, interdisciplinary groups.
- Experience working with IT customers within the Department of Defense.
- ITIL v3 or v4 – Foundation
- Experience working in Virtual Environments (VmWare – ESXi).
- TSQL experience
- Familiarity with the DISA STIG and IAVM process
- Scripting and other coding experience
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Must meet TESA requirements
- On Call 24/7 schedule
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.