Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense Team has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Infrastructure Systems Engineer. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization, USEUCOM located OCONUS in Stuttgart, Germany. This position requires OCONUS travel.
The System Engineer (SE) will be responsible for supporting systems and applications on a geographically dispersed Enterprise network with multiple types of servers and server applications. The SE will be directly responsible for the effective and efficient operation and interconnectivity of a Department of Defense Enterprise Applications and will execute the actions required to correct deficiencies or shortcomings and to improve system performance and efficiency.
The SE will be responsible for performing and overseeing the management of system administrator functions supporting a global infrastructure, to include Microsoft platforms and services, Linux platforms and appliances, and virtualization technologies. The selected candidate will provide engineering designs, builds, and escalation support for EUCOM offered services. Perform engineering functions found in the service design domain and provide escalated support to incident management. Support engineering efforts to design, build, test, integrate, transition, implement, document, and train when transitioned to IT Operations Management. They analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
The SE will provide senior level knowledge and Tier 3 support to the customer and their components to include Tier 3 infrastructure, design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support that builds, configures, and administers several hundred servers in their area of operation. Additionally, the SE will provide remote support and/or travel to customer servers and sites as required.
The System Engineer will recommend best-practice solutions for server technologies. They provide end-to-end monitoring of application performance and availability. Provide technical leadership and cross-training to peers in areas of expertise. Act as a resource to team members, participates in team and professional meetings. Coaches and provides input as to the needs of Infrastructure staff. Provide 3rd line technical support as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience and a strong engineering background in Design, Migration and Implementation.
The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- BA/BS and 5-8 years overall experience to include 3+ years recent specialized experience.
- Must hold an active Secret Clearance
- Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT II certification (Security+ or equivalent)
- MCSE, RHCSA, VCP, or similar computer certification
- Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Engineering work with demonstrated increased responsibility
- Expert level experience as a system administration of Microsoft and/or Linux platforms and Virtual Infrastructure technologies
- Experience integrating, testing, and deploying new systems and software following System Engineering principles
- Experience and a strong engineering background in Microsoft Active Directory Design and Domain Name Services (DNS)
- Experience with HBSS configuration and troubleshooting
- Effective communications throughout all levels of operational command
- Experience supporting Command Post of the Future concepts and configurations
- Ability to document system process and architecture
- ITIL v3 – Foundation
- Automation using Microsoft PowerShell, VBScript, or batch files
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Understanding of Department of Defense Military standards
- Documentation experience using Microsoft Visio or similar products.
- Experience with DoD IT security requirements
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.