This position provides Cyber Security Analysis and technical leadership to C5ISR Center Sustaining Base Network Assurance Branch (SBNAB) Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) Security Operations Center (SOC). Beyond advising and guiding technical matters, this position is tasked with driving implementation and adoption of new tools, research, capabilities, frameworks, and methodologies while ensuring those already in use are implemented, utilized properly, and improved.
- Provide technical leadership and supervision to Tier I Cyber Security Analysts
- Identify and offer solutions to gaps in capabilities and visibility
- Promote and drive research and implementation of automation and process efficiencies
- Operating in a command-line environment
- Basic familiarity with multiple operating systems relevant to our customer environments (Windows, Mac, Linux) and the similarities and differences in network traffic generated in each
- Familiarity with basic security concepts and terminology such as the CIA triad, industry best practices, risk, vulnerability, threat, attack vectors, encryption, encoding, and various types of threat actors
- Knowledge of protocols at layers 2 and higher in the OSI model, to include ARP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, DNS, Telnet, SSH, HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, and other common protocols that use the well-known ports
- Experience processing IDS alerts and identifying incidents and events in customer data
- Ability to conduct packet level analysis using tcpdump or Wireshark on the session and surrounding traffic of an IDS alert
- Basic technical writing skills for incident report writing, customer interaction, and process documentation
- Able to accurately transcribe and implement indicators into an environment
- Able to consume policy documentation and determine applicability in a network
- Bachelor's degree and 2+ years of prior IT experience, or Associate degree with 4+ years of experience. Additional certifications and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 1+ years’ experience working in a SOC environment
- DoD 8570 IAT III certifications required prior to starting
- Prior experience supervising employees of various labor categories and skills in efforts similar in size and scope to the SBNAB DCO program
- Advanced knowledge of solution development techniques and best practices related to demonstration, pilot, and test management and operations
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of industry accepted standards.
- Demonstrated experience with researching and fielding new and innovative technology;
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic finding.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI, or a Top Secret clearance with a current SSBI, and be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities.
- Hands-on cybersecurity experience (Protect, Detect, Respond or Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings.
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.