The Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG), currently has an opening for Flight Operations Manager (FOM) supporting an OCONUS-based manned ISR program. Leidos is the Lead Systems Integrator for manned aircraft providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and post mission analysis. The Flight Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring daily success and reporting on SOF ISR flight operations OCONUS. The Flight Operations Manager reports directly to the Site Lead, and maintains direct liaison with the Lead Pilot and assist with Government Flight Representative (GFR) interactions.
***This position contingent upon contract award, expected in July 2020. This is a deployed management position and pay is commensurate. This position is ideal for a leader who desires extended time off (when not deployed) who is willing to deploy for up to 90 days.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Lead a diverse team of professionals to ensure daily flight operations success.
- Coordinate flight crew schedules with Pilots, Aerial Sensor Operators and Maintenance personnel, assist with the coordination of site scheduled activities among flight crews, subcontractors, and government personnel to ensure achievable operational plan.
- Provide support and guidance to site Integrated Product Teams (IPT) in the execution of daily activities
- Ensure flight records, situational reports and all related reporting is maintained.
- Ensure compliance with Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), FAA Regulations, flight and ground operations policies and procedures.
- Assist with the maintaining all training records, flight records and flight operations specific records.
- Prepare, verify and submit Government Flight Representative (GFR) required documentation
- Assist with the execution of flight and ground activities scheduling, and provide daily feedback to the site management staff.
To be considered for this position candidates must:
- Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proven contractor and/or military flight operations manager experience
- Possess a minimum of an active DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Extensive knowledge of DCMA, FAA, and OCONUS ISR flight regulations.
- Must have experience in scheduling, evaluating and tracking all flight operations including associated personnel.
- Knowledge in leading and managing the execution of aviation processes, projects and tactical employment
- Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days with 90 days off during non-rotation periods (live anywhere) and willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and/or non-regular hours with minimal notice. Be willing to fly in the aircraft for extended times and work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be able to obtain a passport to travel internationally.
- Be able to successfully accomplish the CONUS Replacement Center course which requires a deployment physical, immunizations and training.
- Special Operations Aviation experience
- Prior OCONUS rotation experience, particularly in CENTCOM or AFRICOM area of operations
- In-depth knowledge of military operations, organization, terminology and the execution of OCONUS ISR flight operations.
- Superior Administrative and Communication Skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:12 Hour Shift Pattern
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.