Leidos Defense Group is seeking an Instructional Designer with broad-based computer skills to support a Navy training program in Chesapeake, VA. Candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Navy and contractor subject matter experts and the senior instructional designer working in a fast-paced, demanding environment. In this project, we transform curricula formulated by subject matter experts into media-based training modules used in the Navy’s formal courses of instruction and self-paced training aids.
The Instructional Designer will provide our customer with training support necessary to develop, present and maintain course materials, classroom instructions and support documentation for both instructor led and electronic training to include, but not limited to software simulations, PowerPoint presentations, training materials, processes and procedures, guides, meeting minutes, etc.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify training needs
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Conduct instructional research and analysis
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
- Develop, design and edit supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Quality control training materials
- Develop instructional aides to depict processes
- Requires Bachelors degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Solid knowledge Learning Management Systems
- Visual design skills (illustration, layout, and design) and ability to storyboard
- Audio design skills (recording and editing voiceover)
- Excellent grammar and writing skills including the ability to write in a clear, concise and complete manner
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
- Excellent organization skills
- Travel will be required as part of this position
Desired Technical Skills:
- Basic understanding of government classification rules
- Research technical information
- Tools Skills
- Computer savvy
- Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud and Adobe Captivate
- Ability to take screen shots and screencasts off system user interfaces
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.