Leidos seeks an experienced Automated Software Tester to provide support for a position in the Herndon, VA area. The Automated Software Tester will work closely with Test Lead to select/upgrade automated test tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation. The Automated Tester will use risk-driven techniques to develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites.
- The Automated Software Tester is responsible for implementing automated testing solutions for multiple project teams.
- The candidate will also be required to perform manual testing as needed.
- The candidate will participate in peer reviews of requirements and test documentation.
- Working in a Scrum agile development environment, the Automated Software Tester will collaborate with development, deployment, and test team members; adhere to project schedules and milestones; and provide status updates to Test Lead.
- The candidate shall develop and maintain good professional working relationships, especially within the test team and with those who interact regularly with the test team.
- Perform other test-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering,and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Must have a TS/SCI with Poly to be considered
- At least five (5) years of experience as an applications tester
- Experience applying software engineering techniques and best practices
- Experienced in the Agile process
- Experience in testing applications such as JAVA, Visual Basic, .Net, and HTML
- Experience with testing software to verify and validate requirements
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, with an ability to anticipate, effectively diagnose, isolate, and expediently resolve complex problems
- Good communication skills to convey technical concepts
- At least two (2) years experience using automated testing tools (e.g. Selenium, Katalon)
- Knowledge of requirements & bug tracking tool
- Knowledge of version control tool (e.g. git, TFS)
- Advance degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering
- At least ten (10) years of experience as an applications tester
- Experience in classification markings and software development
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts
- Expert in using automated testing tools including, but not limited to, Selenium
- Previous experience performing/assisting with software deployments and “dropping” of code
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.