The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within the Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Engineering Manager to work in Ashburn, Virginia. This is exciting opportunity will support the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Integrated Traveler Initiatives 2 (ITI2) Program. ITI2 will support CBP’s ongoing need to explore and implement new ways to maintain, enhance, and refresh existing systems, as well as to maintain, develop and deploy new technical solutions that satisfy ongoing requirements for land, sea, and air ports of entry and inspection checkpoints. In this mission, we are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who want to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. The Engineering Manager will provide comprehensive systems engineering oversight, analytical, and technical support services required to deliver a broad range of innovative IT/Hardware solutions and professional services to modernize legacy systems, protect networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical and mission-support functions.
The Engineering Manager will provide the planning, direction, coordination, and control necessary to accomplish all work requirements, manage, and oversee all technical activities performed by contractor personnel, including subcontractors, to satisfy the contract requirements. The Engineering Manager is responsible all technical performance and will serve as the Leidos single point-of-contact with the program office for technical matters and issues.
A background investigation (BI) is required for performance under this program, and will require a Public Trust Clearance.
- Oversee the Leidos technical program team in successfully executing the contract
- Serve as the Leidos principle Hardware engineer to provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, innovation development, implementation, tech-refresh, and sustainment of IT/hardware solutions that enhance overall system performance and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, solution design and implementation planning of IT/hardware solutions and the modernization of existing equipment sets in the field
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to a complex matrixed systems, technology refresh, and Operations and Maintenance operations
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration advice on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation
- Participate in project initiation activities, including plan and budget preparation.
- Expertly manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality program capabilities on time and within budget, including Subcontractors
- Ensures that all work on this contract complies with the contract terms and conditions and is approved/coordinated with the Program Manager and as well as Senior Corporate Managers
- Acts as the primary technical interface with the COR
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- 15+ years' experience engineering and architecting border security solutions
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience leading design and implementation of complex solutions on a large Program (200M+)
- Demonstrated experience modernizing complex enterprise networks and border security systems
- Demonstrates integrity, respect, and a commitment to excellence, collaboration, agility, and diversity
- Experience organizing, directing, and managing contract operation support functions involving multiple, complex, and interrelated project tasks
- Experience in middleware, software, and firmware maintenance activities, as well as upgrades, patches, and technology refresh.
- Experience effectively communicating at senior levels within a customer organization
- Ability to collaborate with Program Management and customers in forming strategies to improve performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Experience mentoring staff in order to maintain high levels of performance and positive morale
- Knowledge of industry/government best practices
- U.S. Citizenship required and ability to obtain a CBP Full Background Investigation
- Master's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related Engineering disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience in border security platforms, engineering and operations with emphasis on DHS capabilities
- Experience with NIST SP 800 series or ISO 27000 series documents for information security management and risk assessment
- Demonstrated experience in Secure DevOps/Agile concepts and processes
- Demonstrated experience in ITIL, ISO20000 / ISO27001 implementations
- At least one nationally recognized vendor certification
- Cloud Architect, DevOps or SysOps Associate or Professional Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.