Leidos currently has an opening for a Physical Security Specialist to work in the Washington DC area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your expert knowledge in security principles and Physical Security experience helping the customer in its mission of national security. In this assignment we provide technical, analytical, management and support services to augment the customer’s vital mission.
The Leidos employee will establish, implement, and maintain the physical security program that utilizes active and passive security measures and management protocol designed to prevent unauthorized access to personnel, equipment, material, and documents. Responsible for implementing and managing physical security plans for secured, knowledge of the variety of different systems, tools and products that comprise a physical security solution, and experience in overseeing installation and testing of these physical security tools. Coordinate with design specialists, operations personnel, and other security specialists to determine the appropriate protection systems that provide maximum security while minimizing adverse impacts to the organization's mission.
- Assist in executing the SCI technical and physical security program in accordance with National, Intelligence Community (IC), the client’s policies, directives, program guidance, and standards.
- Serve as a subject matter expert providing advice, assistance and education to personnel on matters of technical and physical security policy, procedures, and regulations.
- Conduct comprehensive technical and physical security program activities based on risk management principles to include surveys, audits, inspections, performance tests, and SCIF certification and accreditation requirements.
- Review construction plans for adherence to applicable directives to determine appropriate protection systems that provide maximum security.
- Develop reports for each program activity conducted to identify threat, cost effective strategies, alternative risk mitigations, and corrective actions.
- Review and provide comments on proposed technical and physical security policies.
- Collaborate with client and field technical and physical security personnel to ensure all security requirements are met.
- Represent the client’s Security Division, and office at internal/external meetings, working groups, and interagency committees.
- Develop and maintain a technical and physical security training and awareness program.
- Research and analyze emerging security technology and requirements to identify implementation requirements, resource implications, and impact on existing security infrastructure and operations.
- Complete other technical and physical security program tasks as assigned.
- BA degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Required expert knowledge in security principles, concepts, and methodologies in carrying out assignments by performing independent work in the following sub-disciplines:
- Physical Security
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Automated Access Control Systems
- Closed Circuit Television
- Physical Security Construction (SCIF)
- Technical Security
- Technical Surveillance Countermeasures (TSCM)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.