Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services. Our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
We have an immediate opening for a full-time NATO Special Operations Education and Doctrine Editor.
The successful candidate will work closely with other members of the editing team, as well as Course Authors and Project Leads, to produce academic curriculum materials, e-Learning solutions, doctrinal manuals, and other publications for the NATO Special Operations Headquarters. This position is on a unique, diverse, international, geographically-distributed team that offers challenging work requiring a candidate who is technologically-savvy and can work effectively alone or collaborate as a member of the team.
The successful candidate will be expected to produce high quality educational materials that are error free and easy to read. These materials will adhere to style guides prescribed for a range of academic products and publications whilst fitting within a quality management framework.
This position is home-based in the U.K., with some travel possible to the NATO Special Operations School in Belgium (home-based work 90%; 10% travel). The successful candidate must demonstrate they are a diligent ‘self-starter’ who can excel in a working environment with little supervision in order to meet NATO special operations education and training support requirements and deadlines.
- On-screen editing, to ensure quality, consistency, format, and style standards.
- Edit and create graphics and coordinate the use of copyrighted material by conducting research to locate and contact sources for approval as needed
- Maintain good communication and coordinate timelines for multiple projects
- Resolve routine problems and adjust processes as necessary
- Additional responsibility: Assist in the development of Advanced Distributed Learning modules for existing courses and other e-Learning solutions
- Additional responsibility: Develop and customize SharePoint solutions to enable collaboration among geographically dispersed team members
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field/discipline; relevant professional vocational qualifications may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s level degree
- At least three years of relevant editing experience
- Ability to collaborate effectively with the editing team, Course Authors, Project Leads, and Instructional System Designers across multiple international time zones
- Strong English writing and oral communication skills
- Understand and apply guidance in accordance with mandated style guides
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a NATO SECRET level security clearance after hiring
- Must possess and maintain a valid passport for international travel
- Demonstrable attention to detail
- Possess the ability to work independently
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office® suite of automation tools including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, and SharePoint
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of multi-media content editing
- Experience with e-Learning curriculum or solution design, development, and implementation
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and learning management systems (LMS)
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro
- NATO and/or NATO Special Operations training and education experience
What do we do for you?
We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent.
Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, and cycle to work scheme)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.