The Help Desk Systems Administrator will be a member of a leading edge, dynamic technical program. This program is a small development program in Washington DC with Agile Development and migration to the cloud. This development program is a workflow tool to engage linguists for the Intelligence Community.
The Help Desk Systems Administrator is responsible for Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk activities, responding to user concerns, and Tier 3 systems administration work. The Tier 1 and 2 Help Desk activities are creating and disabling accounts, changing passwords, ensuring functionality of the system. The Tier 3 support includes trouble shooting application issues within Windows 2016 Servers, migrating data between multiple systems, and coordinating development efforts for system issues. The Help Desk is required to support 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM Monday – Friday. There are two Help Desk Shifts: 6:00 AM – 2:00 PM and 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to customer issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Update customer data and produce activity reports.
- Walk customers through problem solving process.
- Follow up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customer's expectations.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure.
- Recommended procedure modifications or improvements.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of help desk procedures, products and services.
- Additional duties may include, fielding software updates, system testing and enhancements, metrics gathering, report creation, and implementation of both operational and technical requirements into a production environment.
- The candidate will use their strong, well-rounded foundation of technical skills and experience encompassing a broad range of information technology (IT) fields including hardware, software, networks, and information security.
- Working in a team-oriented help desk/technical support environment and will be working in Sponsors IT systems and networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2–4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience or High School Diploma and 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Cleared at the Top Secret level with the ability to pass a CI polygraph
- Proven working experience in providing help desk support
- Experience in identifying technical problems, troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software issues, and engineering technical solutions.
- Windows 2016 OS System Administration experience
- Working knowledge of help desk software, databases and remote control
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills
- Customer service orientation.
- Activity Directory Experience
- Experience migrating systems to the cloud
- AWS/Cloud experience
- VMWare experience
- Experience with Oracle Databases
- Security+ Certification
- Microsoft Certification
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.