Leidos is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support USNORTHCOM and NORAD mission systems. The successful candidate will serve as an IT Systems Engineer professional on a variety Command and Control (C2) systems as well as an important member of a team that is actively upgrading and supporting mission systems supporting planning and execution of USNORTHCOM and NORAD missions. Minimal travel may be required to support national events.
Are you a savvy Systems Engineer with experience with Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)? Are you interested in supporting our government and work with an innovative team implementing cutting edge technologies? If you are ready to make an impact, to learn and to be given the chance to grow in your career, please take a look! In this role...
You will be on a team interacting with many different senior and junior personnel to implement, maintain, protect and sustain mission systems supporting missions and command-level exercises. You will directly influence changes by interacting with others and developing plans that will be implemented successfully. Your recommendations will hold a lot of weight. In this role, you will be working with a team and have opportunities to learn new skill sets.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to produce a Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation required by NIST guidelines
- Able to address and resolve IAVMs and leverage approved vulnerability management systems to overcome cybersecurity issues encountered
- Able to produce RMF documentation for capabilities utilizing:
- Server-based computing using Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), Horizon View Environments, and Liquidware Profile Management
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) administration.
- Nutanix Hardware Platform and associated software tools.
- Virtualization (VMWare).
- UNIX/Linux & Windows Hardware & Software configurations.
- Windows and Unix/Linux Servers.
- Experience troubleshooting system and software issues to attain cybersecurity resolution.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 & Server 2016
- Experience supporting a global Active Directory (AD) infrastructure in a mixed Windows and UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of VMware and virtualization of Windows Servers and Clients.
- Experience patching systems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- Experience performing systems engineering planning, information security planning, performance management, capacity planning, testing and validation, risk assessment, benchmarking, information engineering, security impact analysis.
- Experience in prioritizing, and executing multiple tasks and projects.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or 4+ years of related experience.
- Able to attain TS/SCI clearance.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- VM Expertise (VMware Data Center Virtualization certifications)
- Knowledge of ITIL principles
- Security +
- Expertise with Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Virtual LAN or VLAN Management
- Understanding Sub netting concept
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.