Leidos is hiring a Data Scientist at Ft. Meade. All work is on site; an active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required!
The Data Scientist Subject Matter Expert (SME) candidate will work with stakeholders throughout BMI & BMW to identify opportunities for leveraging Air Force (AF) and National Security Agency (NSA) data to drive Air Force Cryptologist Office (AFCO) solutions. The candidate must have a mix of intellectual curiosity, quantitative acumen, and customer-focus to identify novel sources of data across a range of fields, to improve the performance of predictive algorithms, and to encourage user adoption of high-end data analytics platforms in partnership with a highly qualified, highly motivated team.
- Mine and analyze data from AF and NSA databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development and manpower and personnel strategies
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize AFCO outcomes
- Develop AFCO testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Identify and customize, if necessary, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Information Technology (IT) tools for administration and data collection, or to leverage, support, and integrate the process with tools built for the AF and/or its component elements.
- Provide an advanced capability for data analysis of relevant information from disparate data types, promoting visualization and storytelling to discover insights that help guide business decisions. Let the data tell the story including what is inconsistent or contradictory and automate data cleansing as much as possible.
- Coordinate and facilitate community of practice and working group meetings, to include meeting logistics, agenda development and presenter coordination, day-of execution and facilitation, documentation and distribution of meeting minutes and presentations.
- Present or coordinate presentations on relevant topics as directed by AFCO leadership.
- Active TS/SCI with a polygraph
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, Information Science, Social Sciences or related discipline
- 10+ years of related experience preferably in data modeling, data analysis and/or data science
- 10+ years’ working in the intelligence community
- Ability to translate complex, technical, or analytic findings into an easily understood narrative- tell a story with the data in graphical, verbal, or written form.
- Experience performing research in Data Analytics or big data.
- Experience supporting the ACC ISR enterprise
- Background in research design, exploratory analysis, quantitative methods, user interface application design, and experience with customer outreach and engagement.
- Ability to analyze and assess software development or data acquisition requirements and determine optimum, cost-effective solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with structuring data, natural language processing, database technologies, and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with Data Visualization software programs such as Tableau. Microsoft PowerBI, IBM Cognos Analytics or Qlikview
- Applied knowledge in the mathematical sciences such as probability, statistics, predictive modeling, computational social sciences; computer programming such as but not limited to Python, JAVA, PERL, C++, R-Programming, SAS, and SPSS. Experience with Oracle Database and Procedural language/Structured Query Language (PUSQL).
- Preferred experiences include but not limited to C#.NET, ASP.NET Model View Controller (MVC), jQuery, and Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), etc.
- Experience with SQL Database/Coding
- Familiarity with social network analysis, supply chain analysis, forensic accounting, pattern of life, natural language processing, social media analysis, classification algorithms, and/or image processing.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.