At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Our UNICORN program in the Defense Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Database Administrator to provide database development expertise and hands on implementation of the UNICORN Web application using the latest open-source and licensed database technologies. The position is located on company site in Newport News, Virginia. Once hire, the candidate will need to be able to obtain a TS SCI clearance.
As the Database Administrator, you will perform as a member of an Agile Database and Infrastructure Team working with other Agile development teams, System Architects, Test Architects, Database Engineers, IT Infrastructure & Operations Team and External System Owners to develop and administer the UNICORN database architecture.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8+ years of IT experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Knowledge of installation, maintenance and administration of MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server or other RDBMS variants.
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and Database/Schema as Code tools and approaches.
- Experience analyzing and tuning queries to improve query performance.
- Hands-on experience with scripting to automate database changes/baselines including bash, pgplsql, or groovy (Jenkins).
- Experience with large enterprise solutions including but not limited to high availability, disaster recovery, and data management.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to collaborate effectively with customers and other team members.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance (US citizenship)
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Administration of Microsoft SQL databases throughout the development and production lifecycles in an AWS and client-server environment.
- Design and develop logical and physical database designs from customer requirements.
- Provide guidance and support to developers and testers in the creation and modification of standards and procedures.
- Support the standards, policies and procedures of the DBA team.
- Collaborate with other DBAs and Infrastructure team members to develop automation scripts for managing databases and data in various environments.
- May be scheduled for after hours on-call support for deployments and database infrastructure maintenance during non-peak hours.
- Hands-on experience and in depth knowledge of AWS/client-server database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo).
- Experience developing databases with an Agile development process and ceremonies including scrums, planning events, backlog grooming, retrospectives and demos.
- Experience with Katalon tools and scripting.
- Experience with SQL, MS SQL, SQL ToolKit
- Experience with Replication and Change Data Capture (CDC) techniques and tools.
- Experience with data conversion and management strategies
- Experience with database partitioning and micro-services
- Operating System and Infrastructure experience with Windows Server, RedHat Linux and Windows 10.
- Experience with source code versioning with Git, Bitbucket, or other source control tools.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.