Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully-integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
- Hold Baggage
- Ports & Borders
- General Automation
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a Technical Trainer to work in a fast paced technical environment. The chosen individual will help develop technical training programs to align with customer expectations and organizational goals. This individual must be extremely knowledgeable in their field of technical training and can successfully work in a fast paces, team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, works with a team of trainers and content creators to ensure training material is in line with company expectations and goals
- Work consists of making moderate improvements to processes, systems, solutions or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Ensures the process of maintaining training documents, content creation and delivery methods are in align with customer expectations and organizational goals and collaborates with various departments and subject matter experts for feedback to ensure up to date curriculum
- Contiguously seeks ways to improve and deliver exceptional customer service, content material and presentation methods
- Assists in writing training schedules and classroom agenda
- Ensures operation of training equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Able to conduct operator and technical training within standardize outlines and formats.
- Prepare training material (presentations, worksheets etc.)
- Execute training sessions, webinars, workshops etc. in groups or individually
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Keep and report data on completed courses, absences, issues etc.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Able to adapt and utilize new technology for improving training content and trainee experiences i.e. generating video content
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience
- Experience designing and conducting training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance
- Proven experience as technical trainer related to products that require electro-mechanical skillset, experience with Linux software and basic networking.
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience developing plans, processes, tools, techniques to collect user community/user training feedback and customer satisfaction (e.g., surveys, questionnaires), analyze/assess results, incorporating into continuous improvement
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable speaking to crowds.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite products
- Must be able to pass an in depth background check (TSA eQIP)
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.