Leidos Civil Transportation Solutions is seeking a Senior Systems Integrator to support the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program at William J. Hughes Technical Center (WJHTC) Atlantic City, New Jersey.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development, integration and deployment of FAA’s TFDM program, a cutting-edge program with advanced NextGen capabilities providing much desired capacity and efficiency improvements to airport surface management for a wide range of stakeholders such as traffic flow managers, air traffic controllers, ramp controllers, pilots and the airlines’ airport operators. TFDM allows these stakeholders many advantages, staging arrivals and departures by providing a shared awareness of flights on the ground, an ability to exchange data electronically with real time picture of traffic volume/movement and a predictive modeling tool for tactical planning and required airport traffic separation. Full functionality is planned to be deployed to 27 large, high-density airports with 62 additional airports receiving improved Electronic Flight Data (EFD), Surface Management (SMN) and Electronic Flight Strip (EFS) capabilities.
TFDM program has been in development for the last 4+ years and is in the midst of system integration, test and verification stages of two separate and parallel configurations that consist of different levels of capabilities and future enhancements, scheduled to be deployed incrementally over the next several years. During this critical stage of the program, customer partnership is key to ensuring that system integration and deployments stay on schedule, while identifying, managing and resolving all technical and operational risks.
Senor Systems Integrator responsibilities:
• Lead engineers across Leidos and the FAA with the system-level integration of new features and capabilities while supporting the implementation and verification of system specifications and requirements.
• Support numerous baselines and COTS products, providing scripting/coding expertise to enhance tools, scripts and scenarios to allow various software products to work together in a simulated or live interface test environment.
• Apply software development principles to build, test, verify and deploy solutions into the production environments.
• Apply systems, software or test engineering concepts and principles across full SW Development Life Cycle in an Agile Scrum environment.
• Assist in authoring and/or contributing to the development of technical work products, such as engineering test approaches, test procedures, integration and test requirements to support customer deliverables (CDRLs).
• Support system functionality change requests (CRs), program trouble reports (PTRs), HW, SW, CAS/COTS integration and test/requirement verification and validation activities. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Requires Bachelor’s degree Science degree Computer Science or Computer Engineering and a minimum of 8-12 years of experience in system integration, system test or software development: a Masters with a minimum of 6 -10 years of prior relevant experience will also be considered
• Demonstrated experience working with customer requirements and specifications
• Demonstrated experience integrating COTS products, simulation tools and scripts
• Proven ability to test and integrate prototypes and implemented systems/solutions
• Proven ability to document test approaches, test steps, procedures and requirements traceability
• Proven ability to execute, verify and demo requirement test approaches, test steps and procedures
• Proven ability to investigate, debug and triage discrepancy reports
• Act as the subject matter expert for interactions and support to the FAA at WJHTC
• Strong organizational skills, be attentive to detail and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong collaboration and customer service skills
• Ability to develop and present briefings to internal and external customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
• Ability to be flexible to changing situations, schedules and requirements
• Self-starter with ability to work independently as well as in team environments
• Familiarity with FAA customer, aviation or air traffic control domain
• Understanding of system engineering, system design and system integration concepts
• Experience working with requirements and analysis to include authoring, reviewing, inspecting and delivering formal engineering documents
• Experience working with legacy system integration of complex CAS/COTS products, including modeling, scenario generation and simulation techniques
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.