The Aviation Maintenance and Integration Division (AMID) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Warehouse Manager to work in Manassas, Virginia. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience in advancing the AMID's growing capability.
In this role, the Warehouse Manager will support daily stand-up meetings, track delivery of materials, track inventory, and monitor logistics personnel for sourcing parts and materials in support of aircraft maintenance and production.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Manage all warehouse operations including but not limited to packaging, handling, storage and transportation (PHS&T), inventory control, and property management.
- Develop, organize and supervise the workflow within the warehouse ensuring efficient and timely response to customer needs
- Establish internal Key Performance Metrics (KPIs) aligning with customer requirements and division goals.
- Establish inventory control processes ensuring 100% accountability and accuracy of all equipment, parts and materials maintained in the warehouse.
- Communicate and coordinate the timely shipment and movement of material with internal team members across multiple areas including the appropriate coordination with shipping vendors and freight forwarders.
- Responsible for the safe and secure shipment of all equipment, parts and materials --to include classified shipments, and provide oversight and monitor sub-contractors to ensure unimpeded material flow.
- Implement and enforce safety procedures and standards in all warehouse operations
- Establish and implement shelf life management techniques such as FIFO and LIFO
- Manage appropriate tracking of test equipment, common and special tools, support vehicles and items required to support maintenance functions ensuring all items are maintained in a ready for issue (RFI) status.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding export-controlled Information and Technology and shall not use, distribute, transfer or transmit Technology (even if incorporated into products, software or other information) except in compliance with such laws and regulations, including all International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of a parts obsolescence program. This program shall include a quarterly report to categorize and quantify identification of obsolete parts, problem resolution, and a recommended approach for mitigating risks associated with obsolete parts over the life of the system.
- Develop and maintain operational and maintenance logistics support procedures and processes complying with FAR 52.245-1 and AS9100 requirements and standards.
- Implement a continuous improvement strategy which identifies opportunities for improvement and provides solutions focused on improved customer support and maximized efficiency within warehouse operations.
- Maintains current chain of custody documentation to ensure the accuracy of acceptance, transfer and turnover of government furnished property (GFP) between the U.S. Government and the Contractor.
- Responsible for assisting with the development, maintenance and execution of retrograde plans for CONUS and OCONUS sites as well as all equipment disposition plans as directed by the Government customer.
- Manage, coach and direct work load for 10 or more direct report/employees
- All other duties as directed by the Director of Logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of warehouse management experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) years of leadership experience.
- Experience with these carriers is a must (Federal Express, United Parcel Service (UPS) or other premium carrier for Grounding condition items and items of special priority
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance.
- Prefer six (6) or more years US military logistics experience.
- Prefer four (4) or more years of experience supervising or leading teams.
- Ability and experience to work with NSA accounts for shipment of CCI equipment.
- Proficient in all MS Office applications.
- Experience with commercial and military technical manuals
- Knowledge of FAA Part 145 requirements
- Experience with EBis
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.