The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Operations Manager to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate (TASPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This program supports all TASPD computer and software application upgrades, updates, modifications or enhancements with a focus on moving towards a DevSecOps approach to enable development and operations teams to collaborate and deliver high quality software to end customers continuously, to generate code with fewer errors and do so faster, which speeds time to deployment, and increases reliability and stability in production. This work includes but is not limited to ensuring application compatibility with and deploying new operating system versions, new application software versions, and new code library versions, development, modernization, enhancement, operations and maintenance services. The operations manager monitors TASPD applications and services deployed in production, monitors current state and performance, and identifies issues. The Operations Manager monitors changes and coordinates application deployment into operations.
What You'll Get to Do:
The successful Cloud Architect shall:
- Technical leadership of projects with skills in coordination, trouble shooting, identification of issues, risks, and schedules including managing Agile/Kanban application teams
- Strong mix of communications skills and hands on technical trouble shooting to support application issues and application of preventative measures
- Demonstrated strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks
- Familiar with Middleware and infrastructure tools (e.g. IBM WebLogic servers, IBM MQ, Oracle Forms, My Batis SQL queries, load balancers, Directory services, and Authentication services)
- Deep knowledge of CI/CD practices, automation methodologies and log management solutions
- Good understanding of multiple security concepts and experience successfully building security controls into a DevOps environment
- Communication with internal team members and with external customers to communicate preventative measures, status, updates on risks and schedules
- Chair operational status meetings, preparation of the agenda, updates, status, distribution of updated meeting notes
Our Homeland Security Solutions Operation is a leader in the integration, application, and advancement of information, technology, and services to address critical customer needs in protecting the homeland, responding to threats and disasters, enforcing and administering our laws, safeguarding cyberspace and securing our borders.
- Mission Cyber and Network Defense
- Intelligence and Linguistic Services
- Cargo, Baggage, Vehicle and Personnel Screening
- Human Capital Services
- Enterprise IT
- Complex Logistics
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project
- Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation
- Experience installing and configuring on infrastructure, scripting for process automation, setting up and managing cloud and container orchestration and experience managing support systems
- Skills in infrastructure automation tools, for example, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt is a plus
- Experience in scaling distributed data systems, deploying and managing software in production environment and container-based service deployment using Docker and Ansible and ability to use various open source technologies
- Demonstrated experience with automated testing tools in a Secure DevOps and Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) environment, using tools such as such as Junit, Cucumber, Selenium, SonarQube, and Fortify
- Understanding of firewall rules, networking configurations and access
- Minimum 8 years Project leadership/management and oversight of complex IT projects
- Minimum 5 years system configuration with Java applications, LINUX servers, Windows servers
- Minimum 5 years of enterprise level system and application trouble shooting for Database applications, Web applications, and client/server applications
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to clearly articulate key technical concepts and ideas
- Ability to work well in a team environment spanning multiple locations
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination and/or Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Software development and/or test experience is a plus
- Experience with large-scale datacenter applications Cloud Computing experience with AWS, and/or Azure, and VM Ware
- Scrum Master certification
- ITIL v3 Foundation or higher training
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.