The Homeland Security Solutions Operation within Leidos is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer to provide leadership on a mission-critical program supporting the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Targeting and Analysis Systems Program Directorate (TASPD) within Customs and Border Protection (CBP). This program supports all TASPD computer and software application upgrades, updates, modifications or enhancements with a focus on moving towards a DevSecOps approach to enable development and operations teams to collaborate and deliver high quality software to end customers continuously, to generate code with fewer errors and do so faster, which speeds time to deployment, and increases reliability and stability in production. This work includes but is not limited to ensuring application compatibility with and deploying new operating system versions, new application software versions, and new code library versions, development, modernization, enhancement, operations and maintenance services. All work will be performed on site at DHS offices in Northern Virginia. Some travel between local DHS sites may be required.
- Provide leadership in applying DevOps principles of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline development, writing and managing Infrastructure as Code, Automated Testing across multiple software applications
- Design, Implement and maintain automation and enhancements to DevOps tools
- Share best practices and coach team members with a focus on re-use of application code
- Be able to manage multiple assignments, changing priorities, and work independently with little oversight
- Participate in the agile ceremonies and interface with the agile team(s) and other program staff as required
- Ensure compliance with software standards
- Communicate effectively in written and verbal communication coupled with strong listening skills
- Requires a Masters with 15 – 20 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 – 16 years of prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
- 8+ Years related experience with a Bachelors in Computer Science or related Scientific field
- Three (3) years’ experience developing software adhering to DevOps principles
- Experience developing and consuming SOAP and/or REST web services
- Three(3) years’ experience managing one or the following DevOps tools: GitHub, Chef, Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust suitability determination and/or Top Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Experience with one or more of the following messaging technologies: IBM MQ, Kafka, MDB, JMS and other messaging technologies
- Experience with one or more of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL, and/or Cassandra a plus
- Experience migrating application to AWS cloud
- AWS certifications are a plus
- Knowledgeable with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) practices and tools; Certification in Agile delivery (e.g., SAFe Agilist, CSM)
- Experience with Test Driven Development a plus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.