Leidos is hiring a Sr. Data Scientist on upcoming opportunities in 2020 on our SSA ITSSC II program working in Baltimore, MD. You will compile data to address the most complex data concerns, as well as identify and network with appropriate internal sources to gather and/or exchange data on specialized matters. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Determine the nature of analytic problems, evaluate options, and offer recommendations for resolution;
- Advise on the methods and data needed and/or available to evaluate the (intelligence or data) problem;
- Collaborate with data collectors and analysts to identify and close gaps on complex monitoring problems;
- Provide accurate, timely, complex and sophisticated data analysis;
- Determine and employ the most appropriate research design for data collection and analysis;
- Analyze, evaluate, and assess quantitative data (using statistical software, computer models, geospatial models, software languages, and mathematical models) to contribute to or develop software tools, analytic models, or reports.
- Key Required Skills: R, Python, SAS
- Bachelors' degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience
- A documented minimum of 3 years’ hands-on expert-level experience working with real world data sets in predictive modelling using a scripting language such as Python, MATLAB and/or R. Preference for Python, then R and then MATLAB.
- Specifically, experience doing classification and regression with support vector machines, random forests, linear and non-linear regression, etc. on real world data.
- Expert knowledge in conducting data analysis and applying advanced statistical concepts and machine learning methods to build, train, test, and evaluate a variety of supervised and unsupervised analytic models.
- Ability to clean and process large amounts of real world data.
- Experience retrieving and manipulating data from a variety of data sources included Db2, Oracle, SQL Server, Hadoop and flat files.
- Experience with database management systems, e.g. MySQL, SQLite, SQL, etc.
- Either experience with, or the ability and willingness to learn distributed processing via the Hadoop ecosystem, i.e. Spark, Impala and Hive.
- Experience working in a Linux environment via terminal commands.
- Experience presenting data and results to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations.
- Experience working in an analytical research environment.
- Experience with statistical and machine learning software such as pandas and scikit-learn.
- Experience in parallel processing such as GPU programming with CUDA
- Experience using markup languages such as LaTeX, HTML, etc.
- Natural Language Processing for anomaly detection
- VBA scripts
- Ph.D. or Masters in a highly analytic field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Data Science, etc
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.