The Health Group has an immediate opening for a Senior Subcontracts Administrator (Sr. SCA). In this position, the Sr. SCA is an integral part of the program team who is responsible for developing, negotiating, and administering subcontract agreements and acquisition aspects in new business proposals of high dollar value, risk, creativity and complexity. The position requires a thorough knowledge of federal subcontracting, and experience in providing creative solutions to business and program requirements. The individual will:
- Create subcontract solicitations from customer requirements and/or solicitations after analyzing which requirements flow down from the prime;
- Analyze and estimate price proposals utilizing various cost and price analysis techniques; and
- Negotiate terms and conditions, specifications/statement of work, price, date of delivery and other contractual and licensing provisions with subcontractors.
In addition, the position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, excellent written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, and team building techniques in a diverse and dynamic environment. The employee has latitude to make moderate adjustments commensurate with the area of responsibility. The position requires day-to-day interface with Leidos management and staff as well as senior management of suppliers, team members and subcontractors.The candidate will lead and /or assist in new business proposals. The ability to work a high volume of relatively complex work independently with minimal oversight while managing multiple priorities and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction is essential.
Please note: Work location for this position will be Frederick, MD.
- Has the ability to identify relatively complex problems and risks related to terms and conditions and make recommendations for appropriate mitigation steps.
- Will communicate with parties external to the organization (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.) and internal team members from other functions supporting the same division(s) or program(s).
- May assist management by coaching more junior staff on policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Demonstrates business acumen, and has a general understanding of the impacts of contract and proposal activities on other functions within the organization.
- Demonstrates the value of the function with interactions with internal customers and external suppliers, operating with a customer service-oriented perspective that continually seeks to improve business results consistent with organizational core values, such as:
- Demonstrating negotiation skills used to maximize Leidos’ return and minimize our risk; and
- Establishing strong, positive relationships with suppliers that can be leveraged to assist in problem resolution
- Bachelor 's degree and 8 - 12 years of related experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration OR a related field.
- Expert knowledge within government subcontracts arenas with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledge in government contracts, municipal, and commercial contracts.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with management and staff regarding Subcontracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.