Leidos currently has an opening for a Design/Drafter to work at the US Army Natick Research, Development and Engineering Center in Natick, MA.
- Prepares complete set of complex drawings utilizing AutoCAD or Solidworks that includes multiple views, detail and Assembly drawings, Parts lists and all required documents to complete a Product Level TDP to allow competitive procurement of the items.
- Requires superior skill set utilizing Solid works 2010/2011 as primary software tool.
- Demonstrates knowledge of MIL-DTL-31000 and ANSI Y14-100 for preparation of Product Level drawings meeting all DoD requirements.
- Review components for ease of manufacture, form, fit and function relative to overall assemblies and manufacturing practices.
- Prepares necessary detail drawings, Assembly drawings, Sub-Assembly drawings and Parts Lists as required.
- Knowledge of a variety of fabrication techniques and manufacturing processes as applicable with commodity design.
- Prepares ECPs and NORs for required drawing changes incorporates drawing revisions as required.
- 5+ years of relavent experience
- Superior skill set utilizing Solid works 2010/2011 as primary software tool.
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Solid modeling, produce drawings from the models
- Must have solid background in producing product level drawings (ANSI Y14.100)
- Be capable of taking fabricated part and produce model and drawings of the part
- Must have understanding of dimensioning and tolerancing (ANSI Y14.5)
- Some travel may be required
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and textile design drafting.
- Familiar with Department of Defense (DoD) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) drafting standards and practices.
- Strong attention to detail
- Preferable the candidate will have experience working with Army drawings and Military commodities
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple actions at any given time
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team
- Min of 5-10 years design/drafting experience
- Excellent communication skills
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Drafting
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.