The MFLC program provides critical support services to all active duty military services members and their families at all military installations CONUS and OCONUS to enhance and maintain military and family readiness. The program supports over 2500 behavioral health personnel who provide rotational, on-demand, surge and crisis response services globally.
Leidos seeks an experienced emergency preparedness/contingency planning professional to work with the Military Family Life Counseling (MFLC) program: a Rapid Response Planning Specialist to design, develop, implement and execute situation-specific playbooks to facilitate effective, rapid, and appropriate response to events across geographical locations and across all branches of the armed services.
As part of the Counselor Center of Excellence (CCE), the Rapid Response Planning Specialist position works under the direction of the CCE Manager to coordinate training and outreach efforts in support of Rapid Response Planning. When surge or crisis events occur, the R2P specialist will report directly to the Program Manager to execute response
Develop, execute, maintain and provide training for an MFLC-adapted R2P2 process and playbooks.
The R2P Specialist will train the Mission Ready Response team (MRsR) in crisis response and surge response processes to ensure timely, effective, customer-oriented response to identified events.
R2P Specialist works with data from the CCE Data Manager and Data Analyst to evaluate and categorize risk across the globe and target effective response plans across stratified need with regard to both scope and scale.
This position may deploy with the MRR when appropriate.
Due to the nature of this position, additional clearances may be required and the ability to travel with little to no notice is assumed.
Specific areas of performance include:
- Establishing a development team to assist with identification of best practices and contribute to the planning, design, and evaluation of the R2P response playbooks.
- Developing and testing the processes, and executing rapid responses to unplanned, unscheduled, or short-notice events such as natural disasters, mass casualty events, or pandemics.
- Provides measurable input to new products, processes or standards in operational plans in order to implement organizational strategies.
- Conducts tests or rehearsals and training the MRR team in a variety of situations.
- Contingency operations and disaster planning.
- Acts as a SME resource and standing liaison with personnel regarding all matters necessitating a Rapid Response Plan.
- Working with the MRR, the R2P Specialist maintains a “tiger team” that is ready and prepared to respond and manage crisis events within 24 hours and remaining in place until surge personnel is identified and in place.
- Typically does not have budget accountability, but may manage certain processes or projects within a defined budget set by management
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 5+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Minimum five years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects of a similar scope or scale, or progressive leadership in similar work with demonstrated ability to perform all aspects of the duties as written (i.e., has operated in a Deputy capacity on a similar project).
- Five years minimum in Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Preparedness, Contingency Planning, or R2P2 required.
- Military experience, including MilSpouse, Veteran or past DoD experience strongly desired
- Previous work in Behavioral Health/Health Care a plus
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.