Leidos is seeking a highly accomplished Construction Projects Project Manager with the proven ability to successfully plan and execute multi-disciplinary projects and deliver consistent high-quality results. The Construction Projects Project Manager will lead multiple projects that support the U.S. National Science Foundation’s scientific research mission on the continent of Antarctica.
Project Managers are expected to be experts in the health, status, needs, and progress of assigned projects, capable of delivering high-quality progress reports and executive status briefings to senior company and US Government stakeholders.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead multiple projects and project teams through the entire lifecycle, from requirements gathering to project planning, execution and closeout.
- Effectively build and manage project scope, schedule, and budget of assigned projects.
- Manage the day-to-day project activities of the project team to deliver on contractual requirements and ensure performance expectations are met.
- Identify and manage project risks and escalate as needed.
- Serve as primary customer and company contact for assigned projects and navigate a matrixed organization to find resources and support needed to ensure project success.
- Generate and deliver high-quality progress reports and status briefings.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a project manager role of design/new construction projects, or a Master’s degree and 8 years’ experience in the same.
- At least 5 years’ experience supporting or leading state or federal government projects.
- At least 5 years’ experience in building and managing project scope, schedules, and budgets.
- At least 5 years’ experience in procurement and subcontracts management to include: various contracting types, negotiations, development of SOW’s, RFI’s, and RFP’s, and selection of vendors.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the use of Earned Value Management.
- PMP Certification
- Required experience had been obtained since 2000.
- Knowledgeable in and use of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Marine construction project/project management experience.
*** Deployment to Antarctica may be required at the discretion of management (approximately 3 to 8 weeks / year). The individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations as required by the National Science Foundation for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. ***
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.