Leidos is actively seeking a Network Services Operations Manager to join our team. The selected candidate will support a federal government customer and directs the Network Services team by providing day-to-day oversight and management of data network and infrastructure operations. This also includes oversight of related infrastructure activities in all project phases beginning with requirements gathering through implementation, with on-going production and on-call support. The Operations Manager should have the technical knowledge and skills to be able to step in when Network Services employees run into road-blocks or knowledge challenges.
- Very strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco router, switch, firewalls, and ASA products. Technical understanding of various firewall devices (Palo Alto, FortiGate, Juniper, and Checkpoint) and load balancers (F5).
- Implement various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP, and static routes.
- Implement virtual networking including VMware NSX, Cisco ACI and networking in AWS and Azure.
- Troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, Static Routing
- Manage a large team of network engineers in 24X7 operations environment.
- Build and transform teams including selecting, training, assigning and evaluating work, and counseling.
- Provide strategic direction for growth for technology infrastructure operations capacity planning.
- Manage government customer relationships to maintain infrastructure operations. Strong customer-focus skills with the ability to recognize customer requirements, assist the customer in achieving their goals, manage customer expectations and consistently achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Meet, if not exceed, all service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure meeting of deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 12+ years of hands-on experience, of which at least 8 years is specialized experience in data center and network operations maintenance and management; or without a degree 16 or more years of experience related to position.
- At least one current technical certification: CCNA/CCNP.
- Experience developing and implementing operational plans, processes, and infrastructure methodologies and training team members on these plans to meet contract SLA/SLR requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Ability to manage numerous projects and activities simultaneously, ensuring the correct priorities are assigned and initiatives are completed within resource constraints.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.