Leidos is seeking an IT professional to perform as a Systems Administrator/Mission Systems Technician on our ACC ISR program at Beale AFB California .
The job of the Systems Administrator/Mission Systems Technician is to apply network / systems analysis techniques and procedures to determine hardware, software, or network / system functional specifications, and design, develop, test and modify computer systems and programs based on user or design specifications. Many of the systems are unique, one of a kind, custom built prototypes that are continually changing and evolving to meet mission needs. The Systems Administrator/Mission Systems Technician will provide support in a Top Secret Special Compartment Information (TS/SCI) classified environment which is technically complex, has little government provided documentation and limited OEM documentation.
- System administration of all baseline systems
- Submission of trouble tickets and Tier 1 troubleshooting for 10+ systems
- Facility security and safeguarding
- Network configuration and coordination
- Account management
- Health & status monitoring of systems/network
- Hardware replacement + system reimaging when possible
- Issuing system updates and application installation
- Periodically ensuring systems are suitable for exploitation
- Continued support of newly-implemented virtualized systems
- Administration and maintenance support for systems, end user devices and applications .
- Server and database archive support will also be required.
- Update and monitor application performance and provide data management for devices including, but not limited to, end user devices, servers, and database archives.
- Support additional systems including, but not limited to, NIPRnet, SIPRnet, FMV, and internal voice systems.
- Exercise good analytic and problem solving skills when restoring outages and connectivity issues and do so under extremely tight time constraints.
- Work often times involves improving a capability or parts performance through changes in technology or improved versions of the part or equipment.
- Assist with determining technical solutions for presentation to the government customer.
Bachelors Degree is required . Additional experience can substitute for a degree.
Must have 3 - 5 years of system administration experience.
DoD 8570 IAT 1 certification (Security +) and
Must have exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
Must possess a current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Familiarity with Remedy, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, Windows 10, LINUX, SOLARIS and SharePoint.
- Experience installing and configuring software, hardware and networks.
- Experience monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools such as MS PowerShell is highly desired.
- Previous hands-on experience with secure and unsecure communication network routing protocols, routers and cryptologic devices is also highly desired.
- CCNA certification desirable
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.