Leidos is seeking an Enterprise IT&C Communications Supervisor in Centennial, CO.
The Enterprise IT&C Communications Supervisor is responsible for providing technical oversight and operational support for radio communications technologies and infrastructure used throughout the USAP enterprise environment, including HF radio, VHF/LMR radio, UHF Radio, microwave links, field and infrastructure wireless links (co-managed with Network Engineering), paging systems and other RF-related equipment as assigned. The position may supervise a small number of direct reports.
The Enterprise IT&C Communications Supervisor retains familiarity, technical details and support requirements for all radio communications systems used throughout the USAP. This includes McMurdo, Amundsen-Scott South Pole, and Palmer stations, two marine research vessels, and operating locations in New Zealand and Chile. This position coordinates support of these systems with geographic based IT&C Station Managers, their staff and engineering support staff in the ASC Centennial office. Support duties include:
- Maintaining inventories of equipment.
- Developing seasonal technical plans as needed.
- Maintaining life-cycle requirements for investment prioritization.
- Establishes and keep maintenance plans for RF infrastructure.
- Provide procurement support for station managers and staff.
- Provide technical training and guidance to station staff.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to various projects.
- Establishes a strategic direction for RF/Radio communications for the USAP.
- Provide RF and mapping analysis as able, to stations for frequency de-confliction and seasonal planning.
- Maintaining working relationships with IT&C Station Managers, their staff and Centennial-based engineering teams to ensure radio communications success.
This position will act as a guiding voice for the USAP radio communications infrastructure and users. They’re a subject matter expert to be leaned on by IT&C Station Managers and staff as needed, and will work with stakeholders to provide an overall operations, maintenance and strategic plan for the communications infrastructure.
- 5 years’ experience in the US Antarctic Program.
- 3 years’ experience in a Supervisory role.
- Familiarity with USAP stations and field sites, their communication limitations and capabilities.
- Technical background in at least 4 of the following areas: Radio Communication electronics (HF, VHF, UHF), Microwave technology, WiFi technology, Iridium communications systems, Radio Systems Integration, Frequency Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience operating, maintaining and installing radio communications electronics (HF, VHF, UHF), microwaves, WiFi technology, Iridium systems and SATCOM systems at McMurdo Station and USAP field sites.
- Technical writing experience.
- Ability to convey information and knowledge effectively to personnel regardless of their position in the organization.
- Ability to summarize data and get to the essence of the issue.
- Well-developed organizational skills.
- 8 years background in radio communications technology and systems integration.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment will be required in this position. This position requires successful completion of the National Science Foundation (NSF) physical, dental, and psychological examinations for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. US citizenship or permanent residency is required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.