Chief Engineer for a large Cloud-based Data Management system. The system will be responsible for ingesting massive quantities of very large and varied data items on an ongoing basis. This data will need to be archived, catalogued, prepped for dissemination, and made available to users and analytics alike. Mission enablement of this data in a performant, secure, cost-effective, and open manner will be the mantra; multiple release trains in a SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodology will be the drumbeat of the program; and technical innovation will set the pace for the future.
The Chief Engineer provides leadership on the program to initiate, plan, coordinate, and execute engineering activities. The Chief Engineer is responsible for all technical performance and will serve as the primary point of contact within the Contractor PMO for all technical matters and issues.
As a leader within the organization, you will be expected to collaborate and coordinate with a geographically distributed team while working independently to implement the vision. Setting vision for software prototypes, leading development teams, Customer Engagements, inter-project TEMs, board meetings, and RFC responses will occupy the majority of your time. You’ll be expected to learn and apply new technologies in an expedient fashion while taking an active role in shaping the direction of the organization and the solutions. Your immediate mainstays will be Cloud Architecture, Project Management, team leadership, and setting the vision for the projects. Solutions in Image Processing, and Web Services in a scalable, reliable, distributed, and performant environment. Primarily, a successful candidate must be comfortable with being technically challenged on an ongoing basis.
- Provide Leadership to a dynamic program with multiple scrum teams and dozens of developers, engineers, and testers.
- Provide engineering expertise and guidance for the design, development, implementation, operations and sustainment that enhances overall system performance and availability
- Lead the research, analysis, and solution design and implementation for the program
- Drive strategic technological innovation, demonstrating a breadth and depth of knowledge in all things related to the operation
- Provide technical knowledge and analysis of high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration advice on complex matters and subject matter expertise for effective implementation.
- Lead up responses to customer issued RFCs, to include the technical solution and schedule/cost estimates
- Accel as the primary customer interface and representative for all technical items relating to the program.
- Chair the Engineering Review Board
- Chair, lead, and guide the Release Planning Events.
- Requires Masters degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain. in systems engineering management, information technology management or related field
- (5+ years) Demonstrated success in managing engineering operations within an agile design and development effort
- (10+ years) Demonstrated specialized experience with implementing, engineering, architecting, designing or operating software system capabilities.
- (7+ years) Experience working with customers and systems in the Defense and/or Intelligence Community.
- (7+ years) Distributed Development / Architecture experience.
- (7+ years) Schedule and Cost Estimation experience for Software Development projects
- (5+ years) AWS Cloud Experience, utilizing CloudFormation, VPC, EC2 instances, and IAM Security.
- (5+ years) Customer Engagement/Communication
- (1+ years) Understanding of ICD503 processes and requirements
• Prior Personnel Management Experience
• Image Processing / Exploitation Experience
• Data Lake Experience
• Analytic / Knowledge Modelling Experience
• Stream Processing Experience
• Message-Driven Architecture Experience (e.g. Kafka, Storm, Spark, or Kinesis)
• Geospatial Analysis / Production Experience
• Docker Experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.