The Leidos Innovations Center (LInC) is seeking a Mid-Level Autonomous Systems Engineer for a position in Dayton, OH. The Mid-Level Autonomous Systems Engineer will work with other engineers in the LInC, the Office of Technology (OoT), and across Leidos to support multi-domain autonomy. This position will contribute to the Skyborg and Leidos autonomy architectures and represent Leidos capabilities in such systems to our customers, our internal and external partners, and the community.
The Mid-Level Autonomous Systems Engineer will support the execution of the research agenda in Autonomy that focuses on delivering key capabilities to our customers and markets. He/she will support the development, design, and delivery of scalable solution patterns that enable rapid development of new solutions across programs. He/she will work with a team of Scientists and Engineers who provide direct support in Autonomous Systems and will play a role in supporting these activities across Leidos.
Please note: Work location for this position will be in Dayton, OH
- Design, articulate, and support the development of autonomous architecture subsystems and components that provide capabilities to support the Skyborg program
- Work alongside other engineers and scientists developing and delivering autonomous solutions in a range of technology areas, to include
-- Perception and situational understanding
-- Planning and decision-making
-- Behavior and action execution
-- Collaboration and manned-unmanned teaming
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s in computer science, or engineering degree with minimum 3.0 GPA with minimum of four (4) years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with two (2) years of prior relevant experience
- Some knowledge and understanding of autonomous systems design
- Ability to discuss autonomy architectures and/or autonomous behaviors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Secret clearance preferred
- Experience designing, developing and deploying autonomous systems (e.g., single-agent, swarms, heterogeneous)
- Experience with Human-to-Machine and Machine-to-Machine teaming
- Familiarity with commercial and Open Source Autonomy / AI / ML / Data Science platforms is a plus
- Familiarity with some autonomous systems development tools (e.g., CARACaS, Moose/IvP, ROS, SOAR, and ACT-R)
- Familiarity with modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AFSIM, Gazebo, AirSim, and Matlab/Simulink)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.