The QRC AISR Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our Bridgewater, VA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Leidos mission. In this mission, we provide aerial intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance platforms for today’s warfighter.
- .Perform CFD analysis for modifications to FAR Part 23 and Part 25 aircraft
- Perform Icing analysis for aircraft modifications
- Author technical reports outlining assumptions, analysis techniques, and results for analyses completed
- Use Computer Aided Design (CAD) design/drafting to generate Outer Mold Line (OML) models for various aircraft configurations
- Review and approve deviation request and non-conformance reports
- Provide technical inputs to mechanical designs during shape development
- Responsible for analysis and feedback on multiple design projects simultaneously, utilizing sound project management principles to prioritize work to meet cost, schedule, and quality objectives
- Present analysis assumptions and results during internal and external design reviews
- Assist the flight test engineer with flight performance and handling qualities (FPHQ) test card development
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering with four (4) years of experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Familiarity with STAR CCM+ or other CFD software
- Ability to access various areas of different aircraft types, which may involve kneeling, stooping, and standing
- Strong knowledge of aircraft loads development
- Eligible to obtain minimum of DoD Secret clearance
- Excellent communications skills to interface with customers and peers
- Proficient knowledge of STAR CCM+ and SolidWorks
- Thermal analysis experience
- Experience with Army Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED) and NAVAIR requirements
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Mechanical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.